Tuesday 6 September 2016

C3 community parkland and walking track week 21-25

Wow, I am so behind with updates! 

Rest assured, there has been plenty going on, even if we both had a stay-cation one week, and I took an extra week or two off to recharge. It's been a BIG year!


Considering the length of the break, forgive me for not being as organised as I usually am. Pictures may not be in the exact weekly order, but you'll definitely see progress. Most of the credit of course goes to my awesome hubby- except for our one week break, his passion and dedication hasn't waned. 




The front flower garden just keeps on blooming :)


People have kept on creating makeshift bridges, so that gave hubby an idea...



But first, the church got a new sign, which helps people know exactly where we are. I attempted to help initially, but once the ladder wobbled, down I came!



After sticking up the initial writing with a chalk background, then outlining the sign when tacked into position, this chalky outline was use as a guide to stick the lettering on.



Slowly, but surely, up it goes.



I got bored waiting and went to check the gardens, and was thrilled to see my first rain lily shoots appear.



The completed sign! So exciting to see this up.



For regular readers, during the early days, you may remember me telling of people who dumped a load of green waste into our creek. Well, this is me, boot deep in uber smelly water, pulling out a zillion mother-in-law plants.



And here they are, ready to be planted into another postion.



As the water took a while to drain, hubby kept on clearing it out to get the flow going again.



Faithful workers, Shane and Mick, clearing the ground.



I was thrilled to discover my bromeliads were actually thriving, despite being submerged, and were indeed starting to flower.



Hubby placed a paver square down for people to step on. Thankfully, the water level has dropped significantly.



The mother-in-law tongues in their new position- leading up to the creek crossing.



These pink buds will soon be jasmine flowers! So excited to see this plant take over the slope.



A new section of path has gone down. Love seeing this kind of progress.



School holidays means bored kids. I admire their neat paver stacking :)



If you can't stop people- build a bridge! Hubby preparing the new bridge base.



My brommies have flowered!



I cleared a section for a bench seat between my two newest garden beds.



Here, hubby is positioning the bridge base.



Graeme helped with the bridge. He is never without his faithful dogs :)



The path has now been cement rendered. 



A beautiful gazania in flower. Love seeing plants thrive :) 



Another stunning brom bloom.

Progress is happening! Each week brings us closer and closer to a completed, amazing community space. looking forward to bringing you more updates soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment