Tuesday 6 September 2016

C3 community parkland and walking track - weeks 28-32

It's so good to be able to post again after several busy weeks. We've had an anniversary, birthday, wet weather and injuries to contend with. I am also at the pointy end of my uni semester. 

The pics below give a clear overview of the work that has been happening over the past month and a bit, even though they aren't in order. Slow and steady, but moving forward week by week :)


Really can't tell you how good it is to have the ride on back from its service/repair. 


By far my fave job on Thursdays- ride on mowing.


Excited to see a bulb emerging from a transplanted mystery plant. I'll soon know what it is :)


Spring is here, and so are the blooms!


This is looking back onto the main garden. Can't wait to see these sleepers turned into picnic settings.


After a few weeks off, I was determined to get stuck into weeding the slope.
I had recently planted two more bougainvilleas- a gold and a pinky/purple one. The jasmine has started flowering too.
I noticed a few queen jumping ants as I weeded away.


It wasn't until I tackled the bottom of the slope that I realised how vicious, and painful, these little beasties are! 
Weed spray it is!
This pile was all I managed to collect from the bottom half.
Notice the small path, though. It's a new addition to guide people towards the bridge.


Here, Graeme, Ben and hubby are working on getting the new shed base ready. It will be wonderful to have a sealed storage space big enough for everything.


A kookaburra hunting in the new grass. We have noticed that since clearing and resowing grass, birds seem to be far more prolific. It's a great encouragement to have wildlife returning to the gardens.


The view from the old umbrella tree stump :)
Soon, lush lawn and a picnic setting will fill this scene.


Some of hubby's amazing paver work.


While I was away, a new pathway was created, which will soon link the entire path.


Here, Ben is wetting down the surface to seal the concrete mix.

And here it is, the newest section of pathway, leading up to where the seating area will be.
Exciting progress!


Next week, we are blessed to have the C3 College students up from Oxford Falls. Sixteen volunteers will be helping us tackle as many big projects as possible during their 6 hour day. 

I can't wait to see the results!

So much done, so much to do.

Watch this space- more coming soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment