Friday 13 January 2017

C3 community parkland and walking track - We have a shed!

Another productive week at the gardens. And a wonderful, long awaited surprise-my rain lilies bloomed 😄

This was my first official week back. Even though work started last week, miss 2's family daycare did not. 

Take a look below at how the week went...

WEDNESDAY:

Planted as bulbs several months ago, these babies took ages to shoot.  They've been trampled on by workers, wilted often in the heat, but at last, here they are. Yay!



Here, Michael is fixing the annoying bolt that often comes off when mowing, making the blades cease to function.



However, I used the good ol' hand mower- in the heat. First time I've used it in nearly a year. And you know what, it was easier than I remember. Go new muscles!


At last, the shed is slowly being pieced together.
Here, Paul is working on some frames. 


Micheal (and Ron-not pictured), did an amazing job of clearing yet another section of garden to be planted out. I am thrilled- a new area to fill with plants 😄


My legs have a fabulous dirt tan after mowing. Just once, I'd appreciate not wearing, and eating, a kilo of dust and dirt due to dry ground and windy weather.



Though it's even hotter today, I'm not out working in it. I must say, 
gardening in summer is just plain crazy! 


My two work buddies. These guys helped me spruce the place up a bit.

THURSDAY:


I only did a half day Thursday, after training. 
Credit to Shane and Mick who had helped out in the morning.
Here, hubby and Paul are doing even more assembly.


At last, after months of climbing over an unassembled shed in a shipping container, look at this! 


Paul up a ladder working on the roof...


And hubby doing the same.

May I say how unimpressed I am with modern products. Despite the cost, this shed was a complete nightmare to assemble. Credit to my awesome, ridiculously patient hubby, and his equally amazing offsider, Paul, for the long, long hours they sunk into this.

There are front doors on the sheds now, thanks to hubby. Soon, the shipping container will be emptied. When it cools down of course. A tin shed in blistering heat isn't a fun place to be in.


Doing some cloud gazing after an exhausting day. 
Thank you God for shady trees.

Next week, I hope to mulch and keep on top of the weeds. They aren't a huge problem currently as I did a big weed spray before Christmas. But weeds  are tenacious little beggars, so I don't want them getting too ahead of me.

There you have it, another week, done and dusted.


I look forward to bringing you more next week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment