Friday 23 June 2017

Kingscliff Community Gardens: Compost bays!

I'm quite thrilled with the recent progress of the gardens. Not only do I have an adorable little garden helper, but hubby decided to build me compost bays (at loooooong last!) Now, instead of dumping green waste, I can actually recycle and reuse it. So happy right now.

Take a look at the happenings of the week...


Miss 3 loves watering, and has taken quite a liking to watering only these capsicum plants :)


Apparently, our 2 bridges weren't enough. Great improvisation kids. But looks like we'll be using these for our compost bays. Sorry.


Thrilled that all 31 of my snow peas germinated :)


Hubby is paver cutting to finish off the pathway.


Despite a heap of dirt piled onto my garden, I'm so glad the path is no longer a trip hazard.


Paul and hubby did a brilliant job building the compost bays. I'd have hugged them if they didn't pong so much :)


At last, I can compost! I really, really hate waste, so this makes me very happy.


Back to the veggie garden, and at last, the tomato seedlings look like tomato plants.


The 4 zucchini plants are growing at a rapid rate.


This is a baby broccoli. It has 5 more friends too.


It's clean! Thank you Shane! Love your work.


Inside this string section, used for protecting my germinating beetroot and spinach, is one less seedling. "Look, a weed!" Miss 3 announced as she ripped out a healthy beetroot seedling.  
Bless her enthusiasm :)

And there you have it, your lot for yet another week. Glorious autumn days are delivering slow, steady progress.

Look forward to bringing you more soon.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment