Friday 23 June 2017

Kingscliff Community Gardens: Etiquette

Just a bit of housekeeping is in order.

Despite feeling exhausted from 5 days of a very sick child and limited sleep, and completely over the unseasonable, constant rain, I decided to make the most of the day, buy some new tube stock, go to the gardens and do some planting, taking advantage of the wet soil and free watering. 

It's my happy place.

I thought I'd see how the veggie garden was faring after the rain, seeing as it had a bit of wind/ rain damage the last time I looked. Then I realised what had happened. Look on...


Yes, we have a lot of basil, but why did someone feel the need to remove an entire plant?


There once was a lettuce in the middle.
Not anymore. And yes, you left your footprint behind!


Uprooted rosemary :(


One uprooted marigold. No idea where the other one went.


A whole zucchini plant has been taken. Why? 
The one in the photo is only just flowering.


My beautiful, huge dill, completely gone!


Hubby helped me load this barrow up so I could plant. Energy levels low today, but at least I managed some beautifying through plants.


My jonquil bulbs are pushing up through the weeds and flower seedlings. Several have appeared, and I can't wait to see them bloom :)

After checking these bulbs, I looked along the front garden to discover another whole plant had been removed. Really people?!


It's always an idea to take cuttings. Cuttings encourage new growth. 
This handful of parsley looks a lot. And it is- plenty for my family. And plenty is left to regrow too.


I pinch pruned this basil to show that even without cutters, and me feeling quite weak today, it isn't hard to hand prune enough for a meal.


My kitchen bench with today's pinch cuttings, ready to enjoy.


COMMUNITY GARDEN ETIQUETTE

  • Please prune and not pull whole plants out. Pruning encourages more growth.  
  • Feel free to donate back-plants or time.
These very simple guidelines mean that everyone benefits from the garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment