Thursday 24 November 2016

C3 community parkland and walking track weeks 34 & 35

I'm just so excited to bring you a community gardens update that I'm putting it in front of uni assignments. No, I'm not procrastinating. Really. Ok, maybe just a little. 

I am thrilled with our progress though. Another picnic table has gone in, bricks and pavers have been cleared, long grass has been slashed. Take a look for yourself...


Ok, while these aren't my rain lilies, I'm a bit excited to see mine erupt into flower like this. 


See, another setting in place, near the bike track so that parents can keep an eye on their offspring. The bracing will be removed later and the area will be leveled and grass sewn.


I purchased some weed mat felt squares. They work great, as these gazanias growing on a sandy slope show. They not only suppress weeds, but keep the plants moist.


Thanks to hubby doing a bit of overtime, we have a complete shed base. Now, to find some able bodies to help build a massive shed...!


My sweet little garden helper. I love how much kids love this garden :)


Hubby and Mick had the fun task of clearing a path for the ride on mower. Not easy when the heavy shed is covered in wet cardboard thanks to an air-conditioned shipping container roof.


It's spring, the season of growth, and snakes. 
The new grass has already reached a height that allows for mowing. 
can't wait to have a complete grass lawn soon.


Oh dear, the belt came off again. A vital screw seems to be missing, but Mick and hubby saw to it quickly. Granted, i may have been a tad adventurous with the mower. 
Note to self, it isn't a 4WD.


The little veggie patch, just prior to harvesting, 2 types of carrots and beetroot. The next crop to go in will be cherry tomatoes.


This guy is becoming a little bit cheeky and bold, especially round lunch time. My 2 year old is terrified of him. 


This area has been cleared of all the excess bricks and pavers, brush cut, and now has a string line marking out the new garden bed edge.
Can't wait to build it up and plant it out.


It's amazing what a difference a mow makes, even when the edges haven't yet been trimmed. And a dumped foam mattress really does make a brilliant weed mat.


Sitting on the bench appreciating the view.
*Sigh*
Looking forward to seeing blooms as I glance across this view come summertime.

And there you have it, the up to date details. I know, I'm excited too! 

More soon! Until then, thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment