Thursday 24 November 2016

C3 community parkland and walking track week 38

I love spring! It provides the perfect amount of warmth and sunshine to motivate keen gardeners like myself. It also helps when allowed to raid a friends garden and rip out an abundance of plants. Thanks Pete & Dan :)

I am also keenly motivated by the lack of uni assessments due. Yay for free time! I can't believe how much we have achieved this week. In only 2 days, the garden is starting to be transformed. But don't just take my word for it, look on...


Monday was plant collection day. Here is a rather large clump of agapanthus. I expected around a dozen plants from this baby. How wrong was I!!!


I absolutely adore agapanthus group plantings. So on Tuesday, I was so keen to plant out a section beside the pathway, I got a bucket full of separated aggies ready to go.


In between, I planted out some more plants, purchased from Bunnings earlier that day. This little plants, whose name has currently escaped me, are perfectly suited to the garden bed beneath the trees.


Back to the aggies, planted out in their new bed. Now, to keep the water up and wait for the blooms.


Another angle of the same bed. Perfect addition to the path.


Now, we arrive at Thursday. Here, the ride on is having a rest in the shade after once again having the belt come loose. A loose belt means no blades turning.
Thankfully, it was swiftly fixed and went on to mow again.


Here, Mick & Paul are putting the fence together, and doing and awesome job!


The boys all worked hard today, assembling the fence and new gate.


That left me free to garden. Yay!
I attacked the slope and planted some more aggies down one side. 
I also read up on how to plant frangipani cuttings. If I've done it right, the 2 I  planted on the slope will grow in several weeks time.


Until today, I really wasn't sure where I wanted to plant out the remaining aggies. When Ben offered to help me dig holes, I got an idea. And here is Ben, digging hole after hole along the bottom edge of the slope.


The agapanthus baby plants seemed never ending, I must admit. Even though it took some time, each one has found a new home. 


And here it is, the newly improved slope! I've  removed a daisy bush, added several agapanthus and 2 frangipani trees. I absolutely love the new look, and can't wait to see it flourish.


The daisy now lives here, between the trees :)


Look, a new fence! The guys did an amazing job-it looks so good!


The newly planted out flower bed is slowly prettying up. Thankfully, all the flowers have taken well. Regular watering and a bit of rain has helped too.


The aggie slope looks fantastic! Go me, and Ben :)


I have some plants in mind for this. Actually, I have some plants in the boot for this! To edge the slope, these planter boxes will be filled with a simple plant I removed from a friends garden today. Sometimes, simple, inexpensive plants can have dramatic effects.
Watch this space.

There you go, another week of great achievement. I'm so excited to show you what I plan to do with the remaining frangipani cutting and 20 liriopes we have been gifted with. 

So much going on-it's all just a bit exciting!

Until next week, thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment