Thursday 24 November 2016

C3 community parkland and walking track weeks 36 & 37.

Here is the latest! Follow the pics to see what we've been up to :)


The epic shed assembly has begun. Not an easy task when some bits weren't in the box, which of course means I have no completed shed to show you.


A new side fence needs is going in, to protect little kidlets from accessing the work area/sheds. 


Hubby and I did an early morning Bunning's run to get the timber.


Mick, and our newest worker, Paul, going hard at it, digging post holes.


Today, I swept the path from the trillion spiky casuarina seed pods, other leaves, and of course, copious quantities of sand. Then I placed the remaining hardwood containers where I wanted a garden edge.
As some kids pilfered a planter box for the bike track, then destroyed it after I attempted to move it, I wanted to use these before they succumbed to a similar fate.


Awesome Ben dug out the edge so the planters could be neatly placed just off the path.


So neat! My planter path is nearly ready. Just need to add a lick of white paint and plant these babies out.


I purchased some humble colour whilst at Bunnings this morn. The bird of paradise has been patiently waiting to be planted after being gifted to us months ago.


After a spot of weeding by me, the boys started dumping real soil onto the prepared site.


If I was brave enough to go near this to give you a scale, I would have. Never before have I seen an ant this HUGE! It came courtesy of the new dirt. Yikes!


Ben and Paul are loading the dirt from an unused section of the property. 


Hubby getting his workout for the day.


Another load of real dirt...


Followed by some more. Great team work, boys.


Once the dirt was down, Mick and Ben started digging holes where I guided them. The garden planting is my domain, the back breaking work is theirs!


Some cow poo, organic compost and potting mix was added to give the plants a little boost. After planting, the boys covered the area with leaf mulch, free from the property. Why spend when you can reuse.
Lastly, after watering in well, I added some seaweed solution.


And here you have it, a $57 new garden bed, filled with vibrant colour and a few transplanted daisy bushes. Cottage charm coming up!


Not much to look at now, but in the coming weeks, this bed will flourish. Thankfully, it has been raining on and off since planting out-I haven't needed to stress about keeping the water up.

There you have it, two more weeks down. There will be much more planting, prettying up and new construction too. Stay tuned!

Until then, thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment